St. Gregory's University is a proud supporter of the NAIA's Champions of Character initiative, a program that promotes five core values that stretch well beyond the playing field. The NAIA identifies those core values as: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership. These character values help student-athletes and those associated with their development make good choices in all aspects of their life and reflect the true spirit of competition.
As an NAIA institution, St. Gregory's has developed a Champions of Character campus program that includes:
- Ongoing character education for all student-athletes using the Champions of Character Live 5 orientation program
- Professional development for coaches, athletics administrative staff including completion of the Character-Driven Coaching course
- Emphasis on hospitality and game management of athletics events and conduct in competition
- Servant leadership activities that promote student leadership and athletic community engagement
- Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the program's implementation by both St. Gregory's Athletics and the NAIA